October Holidays Reminder
The school will close for the October Holidays on Friday 7th October.
School transport will leave at the normal time. School lunches will be available.
School reopens for pupils on Wednesday 26th October.
NORTH MAINLAND LEISURE CENTRE - OCTOBER BOOTCAMPS!
Swimming Bootcamp / Football and Hockey Bootcamp
COLLECTION DATE: MONDAY 31ST OCTOBER - 9AM
(LEAFLETS AVAILABLE FROM: ELCC DEPARTMENT, PRIMARY OFFICE AND SECONDARY OFFICE)
SHETLAND SOCCER INDIVIDUAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
11am to 12pm
Primary 3 to Primary 6 Pupils
1+2 Languages: Get involved!
Here are some great phrases to try out with your children at home. They come with sound files to help you along the way and some great ideas to show off your linguistic skills! Try them on your friends and family and be the star of the show!
Staff say goodbye to Mrs Johnson, Secondary Maths Teacher, who is leaving today to have her first baby.
New Secondary Activities - Link to this term's lunchtime, afterschool, evening and weekend clubs.
"How Nurturing is Our School" - Letter to Parents/Carers
The Shetland Learning Partnership Project, 2014 to 2016:
The final monthly update of the Shetland Learning Partnership (SLP) can be found at:
FAB Trophy regained by staff
'Farewell to Kirkness' the tune and the sentiment
Clothing Grants & Free School Meals/Milk
SECONDARY 2 HAVE BAKED AND DECORATED EASTER SPONGES
Internet Safety Information Letter
Secondary Pupils and Teachers depart for Latvia - an Eramus Visit
My World of Work is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service.
At school and right through to retirement, My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn? Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Get the help you need for the career you want.
My World of Work is delivered by Skills Development Scotland, the national skills body which supports the people and businesses of Scotland.
My World of Work is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service, which helps you explore your work, skills and learning opportunities from school right through to retirement. Get the help you need for the career you want.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND CARERS 26th August 2013
- Information about the recommendations in the proposed Children's Bill for Scotland can be found at the following web link:
- Information about additional support needs, including local and national information about support available and the authotity's duties under the Additional Support for Learning Act 2004, as amended 2009, can be found at the following web link:
The National Parent Forum for Scotland has a series of very useful leaflets for parents about the new National Qualifications. Click on the following link to access:-
Welcome to the website of Brae High School, Brae, Shetland Isles.
With a population of over 1200, the village of Brae is centrally located in a network of villages in the north mainland of Shetland. The rural nature of our catchment area has pupils arriving at the school from six associated primary schools, some undertaking a return journey of 35 miles.
Brae High School is at the centre of the village, unique in Shetland in providing a comprehensive education for 3-18 year olds. We have a Nursery, Primary and Secondary department and are home to the Additional Support Needs base.
The nursery runs two sessions 8.45am - 11.55am and 12.40pm - 3.50pm.
Primary school day 9.00am - 3.00pm (lunch 12.30 - 1.30 pm).
Secondary school day 8.50am - 3.25pm (lunch 1.00 - 1.45 pm).
The Primary roll currently (January 2015) stands at 100 split into 5 classes. Nursery roll currently (January 2015) stands at 33 pupils split into am/pm.
Secondary roll is currently (August 2014) - 172