Clothing Grants & Free School Meals/Milk
SECONDARY 2 HAVE BAKED AND DECORATED EASTER SPONGES
Brae High School Parent Council - Internet Safety Information Evening Tuesday 8th March 6.30 - 8.30pm - CANCELLED - new date to be confirmed
Internet Safety Information Letter
Secondary Pupils and Teachers depart for Latvia - an Eramus Visit
My World of Work is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service.
At school and right through to retirement, My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn? Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Get the help you need for the career you want.
My World of Work is delivered by Skills Development Scotland, the national skills body which supports the people and businesses of Scotland.
My World of Work is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service, which helps you explore your work, skills and learning opportunities from school right through to retirement. Get the help you need for the career you want.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND CARERS 26th August 2013
- Information about the recommendations in the proposed Children's Bill for Scotland can be found at the following web link:
- Information about additional support needs, including local and national information about support available and the authotity's duties under the Additional Support for Learning Act 2004, as amended 2009, can be found at the following web link:
The National Parent Forum for Scotland has a series of very useful leaflets for parents about the new National Qualifications. Click on the following link to access:-
Welcome to the website of Brae High School, Brae, Shetland Isles.
With a population of over 1200, the village of Brae is centrally located in a network of villages in the north mainland of Shetland. The rural nature of our catchment area has pupils arriving at the school from six associated primary schools, some undertaking a return journey of 35 miles.
Brae High School is at the centre of the village, unique in Shetland in providing a comprehensive education for 3-18 year olds. We have a Nursery, Primary and Secondary department and are home to the Additional Support Needs base.
The nursery runs two sessions 8.45am - 11.55am and 12.40pm - 3.50pm.
Primary school day 9.00am - 3.00pm (lunch 12.30 - 1.30 pm).
Secondary school day 8.50am - 3.25pm (lunch 1.00 - 1.45 pm).
The Primary roll currently (January 2015) stands at 100 split into 5 classes. Nursery roll currently (January 2015) stands at 33 pupils split into am/pm.
Secondary roll is currently (August 2014) - 172